Long Island Landscape Design
Hicks Landscapes Design/Build Services
Hicks Nurseries has a long, storied tradition of enhancing the gardens of Long Island. Now, you can put the unequaled expertise and experience of Hicks to work for you. Our Long Island landscape designers can easily turn the garden of your dreams into a reality.
The Hicks Landscapes staff sees to it that your garden is built on time, on budget and to your exact specifications. Most importantly, they ensure that the installation of your garden is easy, stress-free…and even enjoyable. Rest assured, as we have for over 160 years, we stand behind our work.
Call (516) 334-0068 to speak to a member of our team today. View our landscape design portfolio below.
Steps in the Landscape Design/Build Process
- Contact Hicks: To start your project, fill out the contact form on this page or call 516-334-0068 to speak with a member of our staff.
- Schedule A Site Visit: During a site visit to your home, specifics of the projects are discussed and measurements are taken. We perform a detailed site analysis and get a sense of your vision for the project. After determining your needs, we can then discuss the appropriate next step. To help you in the planning process, print and fill out this planning questionnaire and discuss your responses with your designer during your appointment.
- Design Plans: Detailed landscape design plans and specifications are created for most projects. Design fees will be credited towards installation of your project.
- Presentation: We will present the design and a detailed proposal to you. Either at Hicks or at your home, you can review the plans with your designer. Modifications to the plan will be finalized at this time and the project is approved and scheduled. [Additional fees may be required for multiple revisions]
- Installation: During the installation, our designers are on site to manage the project and ensure your satisfaction. Hicks Nurseries is licensed and insured. Our installation crews will complete the project. Our select contractors will complete any specialized requirements. Hicks guarantees that the Delivery and Installation will be professional, courteous, on time and within budget. Care Instructions will be provided at the completion of your installation to ensure the long term success of your project. All trees and shrubs planted by Hicks Landscapes are guaranteed for two years from the date of installation. Professional seasonal garden maintenance is offered by Hicks and will keep your garden looking like new.(See Below)
Fees and Pricing
All Consultation and Design fees may be credited in full towards the price of your landscape project at the time when a landscape installation contract is signed for projects valued over $7000.
Site Visit Fee: $175 (1 hour with a designer at your site)
Design Fee: Pricing will be determined following your consult and depends on the complexity of the project.
- Simple Planting Concept: foundations, screenings, enhancements, etc. $500
- Moderate Complexity: may include hardscapes, lighting or irrigation: $800-$1200
- Master Plans: Beginning at $1500. Fees based on size of property and complexity of work to be done. Any costs for permitting or architectural and engineering fees are in addition to project costs.
Seasonal Landscape Maintenance
Keep your project looking like new. Professional maintenance including pruning, fertilizing, weeding, mulching and seasonal flower planting is offered at an hourly rate, including travel time.
Hicks Landscapes is located in Nassau County and serves clients throughout Long Island, NY. Whether you are looking to create a master design plan or landscape your front yard, back yard, patio or garden, we look forward to hearing from you.
Creating beautiful outdoor living spaces on Long Island since 1853. If you can imagine it, Hicks can create it.
“I would like to commend you on the wonderful staff you have. A garden center should be a happy place. Everyone at Hicks had a smile and a pleasant word and I will continue to come back year after year.” Joan H.
“I won't shop anywhere else. Best plants in Nassau County. Great selection and the staff is both knowledgeable & helpful.” - Patricia M.
“Thank you so much for coming out and taking care of us. You have really gone above and beyond!”
Lauren D. – Garden City
“After speaking with three landscapers, and getting beautiful proposals from two, I chose Hicks to do the landscaping in the front of my house. We could not possibly be happier with the work done by your entire team. I am blissful watering the plants each day. I’ll be back at Hicks, probably this coming week, to pick up a few annuals to add to the spaces designed.”
Bobbie B. – East Meadow
“Over the past few months we have been working with your professional design team to landscape areas disrupted in the renovation of our home. We wanted to take a moment to tell you what an excellent experience we had. While only the first phase has been completed, the curb appeal is tremendous, Every time we return home we are reminded of how pleased we are.”
Louis S. – Kings Point
“I am writing to tell you of my recent wonderful experience with Hicks Landscape Design and Installation. My husband and I have a long-standing relationship with Hicks over the course of many years. I would not hesitate to recommend your design and installation team at any time in the future. Congratulations on a job well done!”
Anne C. – Hicksville
“My wife and I recently retained the services of Hicks Nursery to design and install landscaping. We want to inform you that we are very pleased with the outcome of the work.”
Nicholas B. – Laurel Hollow
Get in Touch...
For an Hicks At Home Garden Consultation call now at 516-334-0068 or fill out the form below.
100 Jericho Tpke. • Westbury, NY 11590